Sorry for the huge delay. Thank you to all those who continued their use and support for Phoenix ROM 3. I bring you an update to Phoenix ROM 3.
!!! — WARNING — !!!
*** This is only an update to Phoenix ROM 3. If you are already a Phoenix ROM 3 user, you may use this update.
*** The FULL Phoenix ROM V3 PLUS will be released soon for those who don’t have Phoenix ROM 3 yet.
This is still an Android 5.1.1 ROM port for the Lenovo K3 Note. Phoenix ROM will always be as close to AOSP and as close to the base ROM as possible. You will not find any additional tweaks for this ROM because the ROM is stable and has good performance as it is.
Base ROM is the Jiayu S3 5.1.1 (RC5) ROM developed by superdragonpt and DerTeufel1980 of the XDA Forums and Jiayu.de forums.
Major changes on Phoenix ROM 3 PLUS (RC5) since Phoenix ROM 3 (RC4):
– Google security fixes / patch level 2016-02-01
– Heads-up Notifications (you may disable them through Settings-> Sound and Notification)
– Initial Fast Charge support (Not yet working because I have yet to find a stable kernel that supports fast charging)
– Performance option in Settings. You may change the Processor settings here. You may also change the I/O Scheduler settings. This feature is only for power users. If you don’t know how to use this, please be careful. The developers nor I will not be responsible for any consequence to your unit if this feature is misused.
– Added Snap-It camera
– Added Terminal Emulator for other fixes and functions
– SELinux is Permissive from the start, no need to use SELinux Mode changers
– Other improvements and fixes
Some Issues some users may want to know:
– FM Radio still force closes upon exit, and when choosing channel list.
– Still no double-tap to wake support. If you want this feature, install Xposed Framework and use a module for double-tap to wake.
– Still no LED Notification support. I asked around how to get it to work but there are no replies. There are workarounds out there like Light Flow App and others.
– I have tried a kernel that has LED and double-tap to wake support but I still have to test further because using it my WiFi wasn’t working.
– If you are experiencing problems in installing some apps, open the Terminal Emulator then type the following in order:
-> pm set-install-location 1
– You may try again or restart and try again
Important Note to Porters:
– If you want to make Phoenix ROM V3 PLUS as your base rom, you are free to do so just don’t forget to give credits.
If you like the work done by the developers, please do visit the links, thank them, and if you could, donate to them:
superdragonpt XDA profile:
DerTeufel1980 XDA profile:
superdragonpt Paypal link for donation:
DerTeufel1980 Paypal link for donation:
This ROM was ported by Miyer Bernabe. If this ROM worked for your Lenovo K3 Note and/or Lenovo A7000 Plus and like it, you may want to send him something too for his porting efforts:
Other Credits go to:
Art Zyazev for his Phoenix Logo Animation
Lowe Christian G. Beltran for the Phoenix ROM Logo
*** Other notes:
— Xposed Framework is supported